Serves 8 people for 2 meals.
We are a large family, this is as quick as making a junky-meal, and it serves us well.
1.2kg beef mince
3x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
3x beef stock cubes
1/2 a tube of tomato puree
1kg frozen soffritto-style mixed veg (finely chopped from Waitrose or Sainsbury’s)
3 teaspoons Italian mixed herbs
1 can of water
I used the 8 litre Kuhn Rikon Pressure Cooker (http://ch.kuhnrikon.com/en/cooking/pressure-cookers/duromatic-supreme-model-with-side-grips.html)
Turn heat on medium setting
1)Put mince into pressure-cooker pan (on heat). Use wooden spoon to smash all the lumps out
2) Brown the mince.
3) Add the three cans of chopped tomatoes. Add the stock cubes, veg, herbs, puree. Stir thoroughly.
4) Put lid on pressure cooker. Bring up to high pressure.
5) Cook for thirty minutes (this is as good as cooking for three hours in a normal saucepan).
6)Allow to depressurise.
7) If there is too much liquid, boil it down for a few minutes.
8) Serve with pasta or courgetti and parmesan.
9) Season to taste.
Leftovers can be used to convert to chilli: add 2 chopped peppers and chilli powder, with 2 cans of kidney beans. Serve with tacos, chopped salad, or rice and all the trimmings.